Carob Crackle Bars
CAROB CRACKLE BARS
By Tanika Douglas
Makes 10 Bars
- 3 tbs The Carob Kitchen Raw Carob Powder
- 2 ½ cups rice bubbles
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, and salt to a large pot and place over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then immediately turn off heat, and remove pot.
- Mix in the coconut, rice bubbles and carob powder.
- Spoon mixture into the lined tin, and firmly press down with the back of a spoon to smooth.
- Place in the fridge for one hour to set. Remove from the fridge, and cut immediately into ten bars with a sharp knife.
- Store bars in the fridge in airtight container for up to five days.
Please Note: Bars must be stored in the fridge to maintain their crispness.